Community Task Force Project
In 2013 KCFD #3 commissioned a Community Task Force to give their views for the future direction of the fire district.Click here to view the 2013 Final Task Force Report
Following the recommendations from the task force:
- 2016 - The district hired a FULL TIME Fire Chief.
- 2018 - The Commissioners asked the constituents of the district to vote for a Capital Bond to make needed upgrades to builidings and equipment to meet future needs. The Bond was approved.
- 2019-2022 - The district hired an architect and engineers to plan facility updates, then hired a contractor to bring the plans to reality to meet the needs of the fire service.
- 2022-2023 - The task force is still active and reviewing options for coordinated/regional services with White Salmon Fire Department.
2022- A Joint White Salmon and KCFD3 Task Force was formed to review current services and give their view for the future direction of the fire service.
- 2023 - The Joint White Salmon and KCFD3 Task Force produced a report regarding emergency service levels in the greater White Salmon community.